About a decade ago, the trend of releasing nearly every old television series on DVD became a fast grossing trend with thousands of shows making their way to the digital format. With it came some classic sitcoms but also a number of animated series including Steven Spielberg’s own Animaniacs. Kicking off the early 90s and filled with thinly veiled jabs at pop culture and history that adults could love as well, the series was at the height of Warner Brothers Animation’s television dominance along with series such as Tiny Toon Adventures,Superman: The Animated Series, Batman: The Animated Seriesand more.
With 2013 marking the 90th Anniversary for the studio, it seems WB is getting just a bit more generous in terms of giving fans what they want. Now after a long delayed process some though would never come, the Animaniacs finally conclude their transition to DVD as the complete series is coming home after all.
WB (via TVS on DVD) has revealed they will be releasingAnimaniacs: Volume 4 on DVD for February 5th, 2013. This marks the first time in almost six years the cartoon has continued its DVD cycle and the first time the complete series will be available to own. After the selling of the third DVDs, Warner Brothers put a delay for the fourth and final installment due to sales causing many to wait for a completion to their collection.
Featuring the voices of Rob Paulsen, Tress MacNeille, Jess Harnell, Maurice LaMarche, Frank Welker and more, Volume 4 will feature the rest of the third season run that began in the previous set, while also collecting the final fourth and fifth seasons. No bonus features have yet been revealed but here is the box art via advertisement and a rundown of the episodes:
- Disc 1:
- Gimme the Works / Buttons in Ows / Hercules Unwound
- This Pun for Hire / Star Truck / Go Fish / Multiplication Song
- The Sound of Warners / Yabba Dabba Boo
- My Mother the Squirrel / The Party / Oh! Say Can You See / The Twelve Days of Christmas Song
- Dot’s Entertainment / The Girl with the Googily Goop / Gunga Dot
- Soccer Coach Slappy / Belly Button Blues / Our Final Space Cartoon, We Promise / Valuable Lesson
- Wakko’s 2-Note Song / Panama Canal / Hello Nurse / The Ballad of Magellan / The Return of the Great Wakkorotti / The Big Wrap Party Tonight
- One Flew Over the Cuckoo Clock
- Disc 2:
- Cutie and the Beast / Boo Happens / Noel
- Jokahontas / Boids on the Hood / Mighty Wakko at the Bat
- A Very Very Very Very Special Show / Night of the Living Buttons / Soda Jerk
- From Burbank with Love / Anchors A-Warners / When You’re Traveling from Nantucket
- Papers for Pappa / Amazing Gladiators / Pinky and the Ralph
- Ten Short Films About Wakko Warner / No Time for Love / The Boo Network
- Pitter Patter of Little Feet / Mindy in Wonderland / Ralph’s Wedding
- Moosage in a Bottle/Back in Style / Bones in the Body
- Disc 3:
- It / Dot- The Macadamia Nut / Bully for Skippy
- Cute First (Ask Questions Later) / Acquaintances / Here Comes Attila / Boo Wonder
- Magic Time / The Brain’s Apprentice
- Hooray for North Hollywood (Part I)
- Hooray for North Hollywood (Part II)
- The Carpool / The Sunshine Squirrels
- The Christmas Tree / Punchline (Part I) / Prom Night / Punchline (Part II)
- Birds on a Wire / The Scoring Session / The Animaniacs Suite
The release follows a similar fate to predecessor Tiny Toon Adventures, who will be receiving a Volume 3 release on January 8th, 2013 after a nearly four year delay as well. Tiny Toons saw a home video release earlier this year with the special How I Spent My Summer Vacation, however Volume 3 does not put the entire series available to own just yet.