Five weeks from tonight, the most anticipated season premiere of 2012 commences on HBO as the audiences return to the land of Westeros in all-new episodes of Game of Thrones. But, what about those who haven’t had the chance to see one of the most talked about programs in HBO history? The Blu-Ray and DVD release of the show’s first season is available next Tuesday, March 6th, but the $60 and $80 listing prices for both sets is enough to worry some people for only ten episodes. Now, however, Amazon has listed the sets both at discounted prices, with more than 50% off in savings.
On the #1 internet shop, you can get the DVD for only $30, with the Blu-Ray for only $35. Granted, for 10 episodes, this does seem a bit steep. However, the extensive special features include:
* Seven audio commentaries with cast and crew including David Benioff, D.B. Weiss, George R.R. Martin, Emilia Clarke, Peter Dinklage, Kit Harrington, and more
* Character profiles of 15 major characters as described by the actors portraying them
* Five behind-the-scenes featurettes:
* Making Game of Thrones
* Creating the Dothraki Language
* The Night’s Watch
* From the Book to the Screen
* Creating the Show Open
* Complete Guide to Westeros compendium with twenty-four exclusive histories of the Seven Kingdoms-
* Anatomy of an Episode on “A Golden Crown”
* In-Episode Guide that provides real-time background information on each episode
Hidden Dragon Eggs with never-before-seen hidden content
So, what are you waiting for? Click here now, and reserve your copy like the millions of fans who have already flocked to the wildly popular series.